This article will explain how to add Aides, Students and Teachers to your Religious Education Committees.
You can add Aides, Students and Teachers to Committees via Member Maintenance or Committee Maintenance. Tip: If you are adding a significant number of students, teachers and/or aides the quickest way to add them is via Committee Maintenance. You avoid having to search for each individual member. You may also search on a family and add the members to the committee through Family Search. If you have multiple members of a family that will be added to the Religious Education Committees then it may be quicker to add the members through Family Search.
Adding Through Member Maintenance
- Open the Member Search page by clicking Families and Member Search from the top navigation bar. Search Tip: Gabriel suggests that you do all your searches by selecting on "All" in the Member Status field or Family Status Field. Creating this habit will help you to locate a member and/or family regardless of the current status and if you need to enter a new record it will prevent you from creating duplicate members and/or families.
- Change the Member Status field to All. Enter in the Last Name and press search.
- On the Member Maintenance form, click on the Committees tab.
- Clicking the New Committee link will bring up a pop up screen. In the Committee Field click on the down arrow and a list of all your committees will appear. Choose the correct committee for this parishioner. Religious Education Aides, Religious Education Students or Religious Education Teachers. For Aides and Teachers this is the only field you will have to fill in. Click Save once you are done. If you are entering Religious Education Students proceed to the next step.
- If you are entering Religious Education Students you must fill in the Committee Position. This field must match exactly with the column labeled Level in the list that you created under Level Maintenance. Creating your levels with a simple entry will help you to add students to the correct Committee Position quickly and without errors. DO NOT USE DESCRIPTION WHEN ENTERING COMMITTEE POSITIONS FOR STUDENTS. If you do not enter the Committee Position correctly your students will not show-up in the drop-down lists when you begin to create your classes. Once you have added all your students to the Religious Education Committee and have assigned them to the correct level you are now ready to create all your classes.
Adding Through Committee Maintenance
Go to Committees > Committee Maintenance and select the committee by clicking on the committee name where you wish to add or edit members. The following screen will appear when you open Committee Maintenance. This screen is very helpful when adding a number of members to committees.