Level Maintenance allows you to set up all the grade levels that are currently in your Religious Ed Program. If you have never used the Religious Ed Module this is a good first step in setting up your program.
Tip: If you are setting up your Religious Ed Module after a conversion for the first time and you have historical data that was brought over your procedure is slightly different. Gabriel will bring over all your grade levels into Level Maintenance, however, the next levels are left blank. You will need to add these to Level Maintenance. PLEASE DO NOT PROMOTE CLASSES UNTIL LEVEL MAINTENANCE IS COMPLETED - PROMOTING PRIOR TO THIS STEP BEING COMPLETED WILL RESULT IN AN ERROR.
If you have an established program then you will not have to do this step at all unless you have to make updates. Please see the screenshot below for an example as to how you might set up Level Maintenance for your Religious Ed program.
Tip: When creating Level Maintenance add the oldest grade level first so the list stays in numerical order.
1. To add a level go to Religious Ed > Level Maintenance > New Level.
- Level Field defines the levels/grades to be used in creating the religious ed classes. When entering this field keep it simple like the example in above. This field is the same field that you will enter into the Committee Position when adding your Students to the Committees. If these two fields are not the same then you will not see your students names when adding them to their classes. In anticipation of the upcoming enhancement release (Multi-Parish Religious Ed Classes #87742) if you belong to a cluster/linked parishes and some of your students will be participating in a class other than the church they are registered in then you should contact the other DRE's in your cluster/linked parishes and establish the same Level Maintenance.
- Description Field you can get a little more creative with your class descriptions.
- Next Level Field defines the next level your students will be promoted to upon completion of the current year. If you are setting up Grade 1 then the Next Level you would choose would be 2nd Grade and so on.
- Religious Education Email Field can be used to define an email that is to be used that is different than the Religious Ed email defined in the Administrative Tab. For example, If you send an email from the Religious Module and you select the Confirmation classes that are listed above the email will be sent using the email defined in this field. This will allow any responses to the emails to go directly to the Confirmation Coordinator. If there is no email defined in this field then the default email would be the Religious Ed Email.
- Student Fee Field is the amount your parish charges for that particular class. This field can be edited if your fee amount changes.
- Sacrament Field is where you would indicate that this class ends with the conferring of a sacrament typically First Communion or Confirmation. NOTE: Reconciliation is not provided as a Sacrament to record due to Canon Law restrictions on the recording of the reception of Reconciliation.
2. Once you have entered all your levels/grades you can now head over to Committees and you can enter all your Aides, Students and Teachers.