The Fund Raising Contributions report produces an Excel spreadsheet with a Summary sheet and a Details sheet. Users can select all funds or particular funds from the Fund Maintenance list, enter a date range and then choose Group by Fund or Group by Family. To watch our 3-minute tutorial please click on this link Fund Raising Contributions Report
Generating The Fundraising Report
Note: We are currently building an Enhancement to this report that will print any comments that are entered when entering contributions or batches as well as comments that are automatically entered when online contributions are imported. This will allow the user to sort on comments. If you would like to be added to this enhancement please go to our enhancement platform and search 115112. (Include the comments that are entered by the user in the Fundraising Report
1. Go to Fundraising > Fund Maintenance - All your funds will be listed. If you want to download information for a single fund or a group of funds select the fund(s) you want by clicking on the box next to the fund name. If you want contribution information for all your funds you do not have to make a selection.
2. Go to Reports > Fundraising and the Fundraising pop-up will appear. Date Fields: You can choose any start date and end date ( Length of Time Gabriel Stores Data). Grouping Selection Field: You have the option of Group by Family or Group By Fund. The report creates (2) downloads for each selection. The first is a Summary and the second is a Detail Report. The Group by Family selection will create a listing in the Summary of each family that made contributions to the funds you selected within the date parameters that you selected. The Detail page will list each individual contribution made by each family to the funds you selected within the date parameters that you selected. The Group by Fund selection will create a listing in the Summary of each fund that you selected within the date parameters that you chose. The Detail page will list each individual contribution made by each family to the funds you selected within the date parameters that you selected. Active Budgets Only if checked will produce data from active families only. Finally, be sure Contributions are selected. Click Print and the Excel report called Contributions will download into your tray at the bottom of your screen.
3. Once you've downloaded the file, you may want to format your data as a table. Just like regular formatting, tables can improve the look and feel of your workbook, but they'll also help to organize your content and make your data easier to use. Excel includes several tools and predefined table styles, allowing you to create tables quickly and easily. First, open the report and click Enable Editing. If you look to the bottom of your screen you will see (2) report tabs. Summary and Details. You will have to convert each report to a table by selecting Format as Table. Place your cursor in Cell A4. Then click on the down arrow and you will be able to choose the table format you want.
Note: Any Excel file can be converted to a table by placing the cursor in the first heading box of the file and then Format As Table.
4. A dialog box will appear, confirming the selected cell range for the table. You will be able to see the selected cell range by the dashed moving box that surrounds all your data. If your table has headers, check the box next to My table has headers, then click OK. You have just created a table. Tables include filtering by default. You can filter your data at any time using the drop-down arrows in the header cells. For more on filtering proceed to Step 5.
5. If your worksheet contains a lot of content, it can be difficult to find information quickly. Filters can be used to narrow down the data in your worksheet, allowing you to view only the information you need. Click the drop-down arrow for the column you want to filter and you will be presented with a pop-up box with many sort options. Some examples for sorting might be to find the top "10" givers or want to know any parishioner who has contributed more than $100.00 in a given year. If you go to the details page you can sort by a single parishioner or a group of parishioners and pull out all their contributions. When you filter your data it will be filtered, temporarily hiding any content that doesn't match the criteria. To restore all your data you simply need to click on the down arrow and select Clear Filter From...