This article will explain how to generate mailing labels from the Family, Member or Committee records.
Generating The Data Source
The first step in generating mailing labels is to generate the data source by downloading the Family, Member or Committee records. If you need direction on how to download these records please click on this link. ( Downloading Family, Member and Committee Member Records ).
Microsoft Mail Merge To Create Labels
4. Go to Label Options and a label option box will pop-up. Select 30 per page and be sure to select the label that has the height of 1" and the width of 2.63 on 8.5" x 11" page size. This is the standard 30 per page label. Next: Select Recipients.
5. Now you are going to select your Data Source document that you downloaded from Family, Member or Committee records. This is the file that contains the Family or Member names and addresses that you will be using to create your mailing labels. You are going to use an existing document and you will click on Browse... A select data source box will pop-up. You will now have to locate where you saved the file and you will have to know the name of the file you are looking for. Once you find it and select you will click Open.
Note: If you are using the Member download you will look for the name members and if you are using the Committee member download you will look for committees report.
8. Click on Step 4 of 6 and arrange your labels. Be sure your cursor is set in the Upper Left Box (the blank box). Click on Address block and the Insert Address Block will pop up. You can see in this particular example the label contains all the correct fields for a mailing label. If it was missing the address you would click on the Match Fields Box and select the field that was missing and hit OK. If your label looks correct hit OK and click the Update all labels box. If you do not hit this button and you go to the next step the remaining labels will not populate.
10. A common request is to add the Budget number to the mailing label. Place your cursor in the first line prior to adding the Address Box and click on More items. Select Budget and hit insert. Move your cursor to the next line and click on the Address Block. Click Update All Labels.
11. Complete the merge (this creates all your labels) and click on Edit Individual Labels. A merge to a new document box pops up. Select All and hit OK. A new word document has been created with all your labels. The final step would be to Save As (name the file and be sure you know where you saved it to). This label file has been permanently saved and you can edit the file as you would any other word file.