A committee is a way to group members together for communication and organization and give the Pastor and parish staff a quick way to reach out. Committees can be the Finance Council, Lectors, EM's, Hospitality, Gardening Club, Bible Study Group, Bakers, Prayer Groups, Art & Environment Committee, Homeless Meal Ministry, Parish Office Volunteers, Wants Annual Statements, Youth Group, Religious Ed Office Volunteers to name a few.
Adding A New Committee
- Click on Committees via the top navigation bar and select Committee Maintenance.
- At the top of the screen click New Committee
- A pop-up form will appear
- Enter Committee Name - If you want to change the name of the field at any time simply click on the Committee Name and under the Committee Information Tab you can edit the name. Be sure to Save.
- Enter Committee Description - This field is required when this committee is used in Ministry Scheduling. Typically you would enter the Committee Name again. If you leave this field blank then when you generate the grid and schedule the field in Committee Description will be blank. (See screenshot of the Ministry Scheduling Grid where this field is left blank).
- The drop-down below the description is used to signify that this Committee will be used in Ministry Scheduling. Select Yes if this is the case. Select No if this committee will not be used in Ministry Scheduling.
- Press Save and the Committee is added and will appear in the Committee List.
For additional Committee information you can click on these links.
Adding a Member to a Committee
Committee Maintenance Attributes
Emailing/Texting Families, Members, Committees, Family Tags and Religious Ed Parents/Students