This article is also available via a 1 min video which provides more details on the process. Video: Adding a Member to a Committee
You can add members to committees via Member Maintenance or Committee Maintenance by opening the committee you wish to add members too.
Tip: If you are adding a significant number of students, teachers and/or aides the quickest way to add them is via Committee Maintenance. You avoid having to search for each individual member.
Adding a Member to a Committee via Member Maintenance
1. Scroll to Families > Member Search ( Using Family and Member Search )
2. On the Member Maintenance form, click on the Committees tab
3. Click on New Committee and up a pop-up screen will appear. Select the Committee that you wish to add the member to from the drop-down box. If the Committee you are looking for is not in the drop-down please click on this link ( Adding A New Committee ).
4. If this is a Member that is being added and will be used by Ministry Scheduling please refer to this Solution article that will explain how the fields are used for Ministry Scheduling. ( Ministry Scheduling - Committee Assignments )
5. If this is a Member that is being added to any of the Religious Ed Committees please refer to this Solution article that will explain how the fields are used for the Religious Ed Module. ( Religious Ed - Adding Aides, Students, and Teachers )
6. Press the Save button and the member is now on the Committee
Adding a Member to a Committee via Committee Maintenance
1. Scroll to Committees > Committee Maintenance and select the committee by clicking on the committee name where you wish to add or edit members. The following screen will appear when you open Committee Maintenance. When adding a member from this screen you do not have to choose a committee. However, you may need to fill in the remaining fields depending on the committee you are adding the member to. Please refer to Step 4 and 5 above if you are adding members to your Ministry Committees and/or Religious Ed Committees.
2. Press the Save button and the member is now on the Committee
Tip: If you wish to track how long members have served on a specific committee you can add the year they joined the committee by filling in the Year field.