Before creating any classes be sure you have created all your class levels - Religious Ed - Level Maintenance, created all your class room assignments - Religious Ed - Room Maintenance , created your religious ed committees - Religious Ed - Create Committees for Aides, Students and Teachers, added students, teachers and aides to these committees - Religious Ed - Adding Aides, Students and Teachers To Committees and promoted your students - Religious Ed - Promote Students. If you have completed all those steps then you are ready to create classes for the new year. You can create classes by creating a New Class or by Copying your current year classes.
To create a New Class scroll to Religious Ed > Class Maintenance. The Class Maintenance screen will appear. If you are a new user and have never created any classes or if you do not have any historical classes that were brought over in the conversion process then this screen will be blank and you will have to create classes using New Class option. Click on New Class and a pop-up menu will appear.
1. (Level) - Click on the drop-down and choose a Level. The Level which is taken directly from the description column that you entered in Level Maintenance.
2. Description - The second field is for the DRE to enter a description of the class. If for example, you have multiple classes for the same grade level you might want to put 1st Grade Saturday 9:00 am Class.
3. (Room) - Click on the drop-down and choose the room where the class will meet.
4. Start Time - Enter the start-time for the class.
5. End Time - Enter the time the class ends.
6. (Teachers) - choose the teachers from the drop-down menu. This list is taken directly from the Religious Ed Teacher committee listing you created under Committees. Teachers can be assigned to multiple classes.
7. (Aides) - choose the aides from the drop-down menu. This list is taken directly from the Religious Ed Aide committee listing you created under Committees. Aides can be assigned to multiple classes.
8. Session Information - enter the Start Date and End Date for you Religious Ed Program. Note: We suggest that you choose the same date for your entire program. If for example, you had a class that at ran for the first half of your program and you put in the date 9/1/2020 - 12/31/2020 and the remainder of your classes had the dates 9/1/2020 - 6/30/2021 these classes will show on different search screens when you go to Class Maintenance.
9. Completed Flag - When you have completed all your classes at the end of the year and you Promote your students this box will automatically be checked and all the students who are currently in your RE Student Committee will be moved to the next level based on your Level Maintenance setup. Note: Promoting your students does not create new classes.
10. Registration Information - Enter the Start Date and End Date for accepting online registrations into your Religious Ed program. THIS INFORMATION WILL BE USED FOR ONLINE REGISTRATIONS THAT IS CURRENTLY BEING BUILT. WHEN THIS ENHANCEMENT IS RELEASED WE WILL UPDATE OUR PROCEDURES. Religious Ed - Online Registration and Payment via Member Portal - Coming Soon
11. Click Save.
To create a new class by Copying the current years classes scroll to Religious Ed > Class Maintenance. The Class Maintenance screen will appear. Note: The default is always the current year classes. Choose the class you wish to copy by clicking on Copy.
You will be asked if you want to copy students and/or dates and times. Put a check next to the information you would like to copy. Click Save.The Class Information Tab will pop-up on your screen where you will need to edit all the fields to reflect your new classes. Please steps 1-10 above that explains each field in the Class Information Tab. Click Save once you update all the information.
Once you have created all your classes you can now add students to your classes. Adding/Editing and/or Deleting Students from a Class
The search option allows you to search historical data in your Religious Education Program. If you need to search prior year classes you would click on Search under Class Maintenance. The search option will allow you to search on any historical year in which the program was used (if your data was converted from a previous system we transfer the current years' data only). Simply click on the drop-down menus in each category to select the information you want to search on.