You can view the following video Emailing Families, Members, and Committees which will guide you through the basic process of sending emails.
You can send emails and texts in Gabriel from the Family and Member Search Screen, Family Tags, Committee Records, and Religious Ed.
- Text messages cannot be any longer than 160 characters and attached documents cannot exceed 20 MB.
- If the family email is the same as a member email only 1 email will be sent not 2.
- When you send an email from Gabriel Send Grid will notify you that you have bounced emails but the notification does not include the email address. W
- Any email sent from Family Records, Family Tags, Member Records, and Committee Records will use the default parish email address found in the general information area of Church Administration as the from email address.
- When sending emails from within the Religious Ed Module the email will automatically default to the Family email. Gabriel will not allow anyone under 18 to be contacted within the RE Module.
Please refer to the following Solution articles and/or videos for additional information on emailing.
When you choose to email from any of the modules within Gabriel you will be presented with the following email/text Contact Form. This new form will allow for more robust emails. You can add pictures, colors, text formatting, links, bullets, paragraph formatting and more. Please view this short video for more information Gabriel Email Upgrade
Note: Prior to sending an email be sure you reset your search criteria to Active families or select another Family status to send the emails to.
2. Email/Text from Family Tags - If you go to Families > Family Tags. You can check off any Family Tag you wish to send an email/text to. It can be 1 tag, 5 tags, or all of the tags. Sending an email or text within tags will use the email or text number that is in the family record. Members will receive the same email if the Contact by email, Text Notification and Receive Family Alerts is checked for the member's email record. Note: Member's work email will not be notified when sending from the Family Tags Maintenance Screen as long as the notification boxes are checked for the work email/text.
If you send from within the Member Record or from the Member Search Screen the member's work email/text will be notified as well if the Contact by email/text box is checked off.
5. Email/Text from Religious Ed Module - You can also email/text from the Religious Ed Module. An email/text will be sent to the Family Email/Family phone (providing the number in this field is a valid texting number). Multiple emails can be listed as long as they are separated by a semi-colon. In Religious Ed > Class Maintenance, you can choose to email all the classes or you can select specific classes by checking the box next to the class name. If a religious ed email is specified in the Church Administration form, it will use that as the from email address when a message is sent from religious ed. If a religious ed email address is not specified in the Church Administration form it will use the default parish email as the from email address.
For parishes with multiple DRE's or multiple people managing different grade levels, Gabriel will allow an email address to be added in Level Maintenance so that when an email is sent from that class and within the Religious Ed module, the from address will be the email on the level. If no email address is specified on the level it will use the default Religious Ed From Email located on the Church Administration form.
Gabriel uses Send Grid for its email provider. If you receive any notifications claiming to be Send Grid do not open. Send Grid will not send our users any notification emails except to notify you that an email has bounced and they do not provide you with the bounced email.